Business application for GEMA (German authors' society for musical works and collecting society)
GEMA is one of the world’s largest authors’ societies for musical works. In Germany, it administers the copyrights of more than 68,000 members (composers, lyricists and music publishers) as well as more than two million rights owners from all over the world. GEMA generates revenues of more than one billion euros per year, which is distributed to its approximately 74,000 members.
One GEMA division distributes approx. 10% of license income to support major artists, works or old-age provision. A (part) of a new software solution was implemented for this purpose. The underlying business logic is very complex in detail and comprises a technical concept of approx. 800 pages.
- Java Spring with Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Data Rest, Feign, JPA, Envers, Hibernate.
- Java Spring Events for an event/observer implementation to realise complex conditional process cascades.
- Extensive usage of BDD/Cucumber for functional and api test on unit and integration level with coverage higher than 80%.
- Complete CI from Git Flow over Jenkins with declarative pipelines to Ansible/AWX based deployment.
- Software Architecture.
- Technical Specification.
- API Analysis and Specification.
Java Spring for several software layers coupled by REST/JSON interfaces.
Angular as browser based rich user interface.